My whole life I have been telling everybody that I am domestically challenged and cant cook and I cook one dinner for my mom and people want to know the recipe I used.
Just don't anybody tell my friends because I will never live it down and will have to move somewhere else, change my name...maybe shave my head.
But truth be told I am starting to like cooking.It is fun and I really enjoy cooking for the people that I love especially when they enjoy the hard work.
So without further ado here is the recipe for the appetizers that I cooked for my mom for Mothers Day...
Bacon and Tomato Cups
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into a medium mixing bowl, and mix with tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and basil.
- Separate biscuits into halves horizontally. Place each half into cups of the prepared mini muffin pan. Fill each biscuit half with the bacon mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven , or until golden brown.
My mom said they are just as good if not even better the next day when you reheat them.
So I hope everybody likes them:)